America’s senior citizens deserve the best we can offer. However, outdated, big-government policies don’t offer them the best opportunities for a healthy, prosperous retirement.
For current seniors, Marco will fight for reforms to improve their financial well-being and protect the promises we’ve made to them. For future retirees, Marco work to modernize and strengthen our programs so they’re available for tomorrow’s seniors.
- Strengthen and Reform Social Security and Medicare
- Making no changes for those in or near retirement
- Defending Medicare and Medicare Advantage for current seniors
- These programs won’t be around for future generations unless something is done to reform them, however. Marco will work to:
- Gradually increase the retirement age for future retirees, to keep up with changes in life expectancy.
- Reduce the growth in benefits for upper-income seniors while strengthening the program for low-income seniors.
- Transition Medicare to a premium-support system, which would give seniors a generous but fixed amount with which to purchase health coverage, either from Medicare or a private provider.
- Boost Seniors’ incomes
To improve economic opportunities for seniors, Marco will:
- Exempt Americans over 65 who wish to keep working from the payroll tax, strengthening the economy and seniors’ savings.
- Abolish the Retirement Earnings Test, which discourages work and does nothing to help Social Security’s long-term solvency.
Repeal Obamacare and Modernize Our Health System:
- Shuttering Obamacare’s Independent Payment Advisory Board, a panel of unelected bureaucrats whose ultimate aim is to ration care for the elderly.
- Strengthening Medicare Advantage, which gives many seniors a choice of plans offering a wide range of benefits.
- Making the Medicare trust fund permanently solvent, so that every senior enrolled in Medicare today can rely on the program for the rest of his or her life.
- Giving seniors — and future retirees — more options to choose the coverage they need and the doctors they see.