To build the most innovation-friendly economy in the world, we must build the most business-friendly economy in the world. Right now we have the exact opposite. The United States has the highest corporate tax rate in the developed world. We have a tax code that punishes American companies for competing in the global economy, and a regulatory system that prevents small businesses — the primary engines of innovation and job creation — from competing against established players.
Marco has a 100 percent rating with both the National Federation of Independent Business and the Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council.
- Reverse the damage President Obama has done by repealing his unconstitutional and illegal executive orders that are hurting job creation.
- Enact pro-growth, pro-family tax reform that cuts taxes for all businesses to 25 percent and allows all businesses to immediately expense every dollar that they invest in the economy.
- Resist calls to enact a European-style Value-Added Tax (VAT) and new taxes on the Internet.
- Put a ceiling on the amount U.S. regulations can cost our economy, allowing businesses to grow without interference from Washington.
- Modernize higher education to equip workers with the skills they need in the 21st century.
- Fully utilize our energy resources and embrace the 21st century energy economy