Box Office Predictions: ‘Ice Age’ Chills Before ‘Dark Knight Rises’
Last week saw Sensei call "Spider-Man" pretty well. Next week we'll see box office juggernaut "The Dark Knight Rises" finally open, an event that will surely be for the record books.
This weekend's predictions and revenue results go as follows:
1. "Ice Age: Continental Drift" ($55 million) - Animation has been doing very well this Summer. This will deliver another big win for the genre.
2. "The Amazing Spider-Man" ($33 million) - Massive drop, and things won't improve next week with Batman easily stealing away most of the market. Actually, correct that, will steal away the entire market.
3. "Ted" ($22 million) - Another solid weekend for what's been the Summer's biggest surprise blockbuster. "Ted" has already out grossed films like "Dark Shadows," "Battleship," and even looks to beat "Snow White And The Huntsman."
4. "Brave" ($11 million) - Pixar keeps on rolling, and their latest will break the $200 million dollar domestic mark yet again. Pixar's consistency provides yet another awakening for overall Hollywood film development.
5. "Savages" ($8 million) - This spot is nowhere near solid. "Magic Mike" will be right on this film's heels, and "Savages" will have to fight just to remain in the top five.
In other calls:
Look for "Moonrise Kingdom" to again gross around $3 million in limited release.
Until next time.