– Safe haven gold extends rally to 11-month high after North Korea nuke test and U.S. warns of ‘massive’ response
– Asian and European stocks fall, bonds flat, gold, silver, palladium, Swiss franc rise as Korea tensions flare as North Korea tests ‘hydrogen bomb’
– North Korea prepares for possible ICBM launch says S. Korea
– U.S. warns of ‘massive,’ ‘overwhelming’ military response to North Korea after meeting with Trump
– Trump weighing new economic sanctions that target China
– Gold is consolidating above the $1,300/oz key resistance level and building on 4% gain seen in August
Safe haven gold continued to eke out further gains of 0.73% today and reached its highest level in 11 months at $1,338.65/0z. The latest gains came after North Korea’s latest and most powerful nuclear test again saw investors diversify into safe haven gold and other safe haven assets.
Asian and European shares have fallen and the geo-political risk led to the the usual knee-jerk shift to safe havens pushing the yen, Swiss franc, gold and silver higher.
The Nikkei was down 0.93 and EuroStoxx 50 was down 0.45%. The Stoxx Europe 600 Index declined, with all industry sectors in the red.
The U.K.’s FTSE 100 Index dipped 0.3 percent and Germany’s DAX Index fell 0.5 percent. The MSCI All-Country World Index sank 0.2 percent, the largest dip in more than two weeks. Stock market futures suggest a difficult day for global equities.
The White House warned any nation doing business with Kim Jong Un’s regime would be met with economic sanctions and trade embargoes, and Trump’s defense chief said the U.S. has “many military options.”
Gold’s gains came after gold rose both last week and in August when gold and silver saw strong safe haven gains of 4% and 5% respectively.
Gold and Silver Bullion – News and Commentary
Gold Prices (LBMA AM)
04 Sep: USD 1,334.60, GBP 1,030.98 & EUR 1,114.15 per ounce
01 Sep: USD 1,318.40, GBP 1,020.18 & EUR 1,106.85 per ounce
31 Aug: USD 1,305.80, GBP 1,013.17 & EUR 1,098.31 per ounce
30 Aug: USD 1,310.60, GBP 1,014.93 & EUR 1,096.71 per ounce
29 Aug: USD 1,323.40, GBP 1,020.34 & EUR 1,097.36 per ounce
25 Aug: USD 1,287.05, GBP 1,003.90 & EUR 1,090.90 per ounce
24 Aug: USD 1,285.90, GBP 1,003.26 & EUR 1,090.44 per ounce
Silver Prices (LBMA)
04 Sep: USD 17.80, GBP 13.75 & EUR 14.95 per ounce
01 Sep: USD 17.50, GBP 13.53 & EUR 14.69 per ounce
31 Aug: USD 17.34, GBP 13.47 & EUR 14.62 per ounce
30 Aug: USD 17.44, GBP 13.49 & EUR 14.60 per ounce
29 Aug: USD 17.60, GBP 13.59 & EUR 14.62 per ounce
25 Aug: USD 17.02, GBP 13.26 & EUR 14.40 per ounce
24 Aug: USD 16.93, GBP 13.20 & EUR 14.36 per ounce
Recent Market Updates
– Precious Metals Outperform Markets In August – Gold +4%, Silver +5%
– 4 Reasons Why “Gold Has Entered A New Bull Market” – Schroders
– Gold Reset To $10,000/oz Coming “By January 1, 2018” – Rickards
– Gold Surges 2.6% After Jackson Hole and N. Korean Missile
– Diversify Into Gold On U.S. “Political Instability” Advise Blackrock
– Trump Presidency Is Over – Bannon Is Right
– The Truth About Bundesbank Repatriation of Gold From U.S.
– Cyberwar Risk – Was U.S. Navy Victim Of Hacking?
– Global Financial Crisis 10 Years On: Gold Rises 100% from $650 to $1,300
– Mnuchin: I Assume Fort Knox Gold Is Still There
– Buffett Sees Market Crash Coming? His Cash Speaks Louder Than Words
– Gold, Silver Consolidate On Last Weeks Gains, Palladium Surges 36% YTD To 16 Year High
– Must See Charts – Gold Hedges USD Devaluation, Rise in Oil, Food and Cost of Living Since Nixon Ended Gold Standard
For your perusal, below are our most popular guides in 2017:
Please share our research with family, friends and colleagues who you think would benefit from being informed by it.
The post Gold Surges To $1338 as U.S. Warns of ‘Massive’ Military Response appeared first on GoldCore Gold Bullion Dealer.