Interior Minister: Germans Should Prepare Themselves for Terror Attacks

minister
Germany’s Interior Minister has told Germans to expect more Islamic terror attacks in the country, after a 17-year-old unaccompanied Afghan migrant injured 18 people. Thomas de Maiziere insisted there is no link between “refugees” and terrorist attacks. On Monday in Bavaria a migrant who arrived in Germany in 2015 went on a rampage with an axe, wounding 18 people. Two of the Afghan’s victims are still in a critical condition in hospital. Germany’s Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere described Monday night’s axe attack in Wuerzburg as “perhaps half-way between running amok and terror”. Last year saw over a million migrants, the majority of them Muslim, flood into Germany. Since last September the country has seen four Islamic terror attacks committed on its soil. In the last two decades, terrorist attacks were almost unknown in Germany. The interior minister said that the 17-year-old was “goaded” by Islamic State into launching the bloody attack, and warned Germans that the nation should expect more Islamic terror attacks on their soil. “In Germany we must also expect attacks by small groups of radicalised ‘lone-wolf’ attackers,” he said. Mr. de Maiziere also suggested that the death of a friend in Afghanistan triggered the unaccompanied migrant into launching the brutal attack.